Conversations between rimland and heartland, or something like that

Monday, October 8, 2007

The Total Perverts.

10/8/2007: A new blog is born.
And just in time, too. People were starting to get scared that the internet was running out of unsolicited musings. Have no fear! The Total Perverts is/are here.

Months ago I talked to my dear friend ZE about something just like this. A transposition of the wide-ranging dialogues we once carried on over cheap beer, and which we engage in more sporadically now, over ten thousand miles, two very different cultures, and Gtalk. A more open, flexible and free-flowing intellectual conversation, you might say. A place to talk about what we were reading and thinking and seeing.
This is it, finally - The Total Perverts. And you can take that title any way you like. We will take it in many directions.

As for your correspondents:
Here I will go by Graf Oderland. The pseudonym isn't there to hide anything, really. Well, I guess that is self-evidently false. It does obscure, and lend a nice tinge of mystery. Good. I am an academic tyro on the loose in America, though I've been known to get around. Without a doubt, I'll come cleaner about myself in the course of writing, but it's not really important just yet. Among my many, many interests: media, technology, and culture. The history of ideas. Globalization and tribalization. Politics and trash. Individuality and systems. Our own little personal subversions and acquiescences. Ephemera and significance. Ambiguity. Also, making pretentious references to my literary heroes and their creations. That's pretty big with me.

I will let my colleague introduce himself as he likes.

No comments: