Conversations between rimland and heartland, or something like that

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Introduction

Graf Oderland, thanks a lot for setting up the blog, I will give my best to keep up with the posting pace.

Since I am not a native speaker of English, I reserve the right to make as many spelling and grammatical errors as possible, but I promise that I will try to maket things legible, despite the fact that legibility is not the attribute of texts written by people that come from a background of cultural studies.

It's a shame that like many people who grew up on fiction I can't philosophise much without referring to films, books and fictional characters which reflect the current state of my mind, and I use them a "crutch" for walking a thought. So, the best introduction of myself on this blog and explanation of how I and Graf Oderlan met, is to use Mel Gibson's Apocalypto as a frame of reference. Like its protagonist, I was saved by a moment of deferred attention of my prosecutors, by the appearance on the horizon, by a force that appears suddenly and solves things. My fellow blogger came with a tide of impressions of the new world, of the Rimland. We said and heard things at the same place and time. I disappeared in the forest before my words settled and echoed to awake my obscured prosecutors. What I do here now is looking at you from the bush with marvel. Now, like in the movie, this is my forest, my father hunted here with me and I will hunt here with my son, and my son will hunt here with his son...If you do not see my forest from the tree, better for me.

That was the main idea, subsequent perversions are courtesy of author.

No comments: